Through the use of next generation TANALITH E wood preservative together with the quality timbers we use and their careful preparation for treatment we can offer a 15 Year Treat-Right Performance Warranty on certain species of our Use Class 4 ground contact timbers, when specified at the point of order and confirmed in writing.
We also now offer a 15 year Treat-Right performance warranty of our range of Use Class 3 out of ground contact pine deck boards and claddings as well as our full range of Hutton garden products.
Covered is the cost of re-supply by SVW, or the actual re-supply by SVW (at our option), of a component that is proven to have failed as a result of fungal decay or insect attack. It does not cover the costs of removal or reinstatement of such components or consequential costs or loss due to failure of the component.
The term 'fungal decay' as used in the warranty refers to wood destroying fungi that feed on and degenerate the wood cell walls. It excludes staining and mould fungi associated with the weathering of wood.
The term 'insect attack' refers to attack by wood digesting insects that destroy the timber structure.
The term 'failed' refers to damage caused by insects and/or fungi to such an extent that the component is no longer fit for purpose.
This does not affect the statutory rights of consumers.
1. Only SVW timbers that have been treated to Use Class 4 must be used in ground contact situations - Use Class 4 (BS EN 335-1).
Other SVW out of ground timber components such as fencing rails and boards, that have been treated to Use Class 3, should only be used for out of ground contact situations - Use Class 3 (BS EN 335-1). This also includes our range of warrantied pine deck boards and claddings together with our Hutton garden products.
2. Should the SVW pressure treated timbers be cross cut, notched or bored during installation, then exposed surfaces are to be liberally brushed with ENSELE end grain wood preservative to the directions shown on the product label.
3. Timber posts must not be pointed after treatment.
4. The shortening of timber posts should be avoided, if possible. If shortened, the cut end must never be used in ground contact.
5. Any SVW pressure treated timbers which are further processed, eg. planed, must be returned to SVW for re-treatment.
1. Any SVW pressure treated timber components supplied for use outside of European markets.
2. Any SVW pressure treated timbers removed from their original installation and re-used at a new location.
3. Additional terms and conditions apply. Full details available on request.